This qualification will:
- focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
- • mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
- the skills required to work in a mental health service.