This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. It includes the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others. There is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
- is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
- provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.