These qualifications are intended for a wide diversity of learners including: full-time and part-time students; those in employment; those who are long- term or recently unemployed; individuals in employment looking for a career change; individuals facing redundancy. They are funded through the Adult Education Budget (AEB) and Department of Works and Pensions (DWP).
The course is offered at different levels – Level 1 up to Level 3 Certificate:
- NCFE -CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social care, Children and Young People
This course has been proven to remove barriers and assist to career progression for the recipients Obtaining these certificates is an indicator of moving closer to start work and remain in work. There is high need and demand for health and social care workers in the country.
Achievement is an indicator for progression to new jobs such as adult social worker and further education into the next level or another course.
- NCFE -CACHE Level 1 introductory courses into health and social care, children and young people settings –duration of the course is 6 weeks
- NCFE Level 2 & 3 Health and safety in the workplace is 6 weeks
- Skills for Care- Care certificate – duration of the course is 6 weeks
- Level 1 Functional Skills -Mathematics and English is 6 weeks each.
- Level 2 Functional Skills -Mathematics and English is 6 weeks each.
- Level 1 Award in Customer Service less than 6 weeks
- Level 2 award in Customer Service is 6 weeks
- Employability Skills – CV writing, job application procedures, job interviews less than six weeks